Sunday, October 7, 2012

Old Chap


This is for my husband's and my good friend's 70th birthday.  He has a great big mustach, like the one in the card.  When I saw the Less is More Silver color challenge today, I thought . . .  PERFECT! 
Hubby bought him a card, but I know Vin's wife would love to see a handmade card - after all . . . we became friends through our husbands; but very good friends through our crafting hobbies!

So I was able to pull this together fairly quickly (I am a slow creator).

School (work) has been crazy - So card making has taken a back seat (so has housework, but that is a different story :)  So this card will go into the Old Back Porch 52 Card Pick Up challenge (which I need now!)

I know it is Card-Making weekend, but it also family weekend in my life . . . birthdays and anniversaries galore inside of one week!!  So we had several days of family visits, celebrating and eating some yummy faves. 

Supplies:
stamps: Pink by Desing
Paper: black - PTI; silver - unknown; pattern - Momenta
other: versamark, silver embossing powder, corner rounder

I embossed the mustache, and swiped Versamark around the paper, and embossed that too.  You can't tell, but I distressed the edges of the paper too.

Anyway, thanks for looking!!  I hope you are enjoying a great fall weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. Hee he need one of these for my moustache sporting husband great card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee he need one of these for my moustache sporting husband great card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun Carol, great sentiment
    Thank you very much
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, what a cool, Wasat card. This for a real old man. I love it. ))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat card, Carol. I'm slow at making cards too...but hopefully the end result will show time taken. And all crafters have to remember: Family comes ahead of crafting. And if not,they should!!! Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet card, and I bet the recipient loved it.

    ReplyDelete